Permanent Improvement Levy Information
Board of EducationPermanent Improvement Levy Information Facilities Gifted Services HR/Employment Special Education Technology Treasurer/Finance
The district has a 1.65 mil permanent improvement levy on the ballot on November 7th that will fund permanent improvements to the district without raising taxes.
FACTS ABOUT THE PROPOSED TAX LEVY
- The proposed tax levy is an additional tax levy on the ballot. However, the bond issue levy (currently 1.65 mils) for the high school is expiring at the end of 2023. The district will ask the county auditor to delay collection of this proposed 1.65 mil Permanent Improvement Levy to continue raising the same amount of dollars as the Bond issue for the high school. Thus, this additional tax will not raises taxes.
- It will collect $646,000 annually at a rate not to exceed 1.65 mils for each $1 of taxable value, which amounts to $58 for each $100,000 of the county auditor’s appraised value for a continuing time, commencing 2023, first due in 2024. (But delayed until 2025-after the high school bond issue expires.)
- Permanent Improvement funds can only be used for facilities and equipment – not salaries. If approved by the voters, revenue from the levy will be used to maintain and upgrade our infrastructure
THE DISTRICT FACILITY PLAN INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, AND UPGRADES OVER THE NEXT 5-10 YEARS.
- Science Labs in the 1969 Middle School being renovated for the first time. Science Labs in the 1998 High School being updated.
- Replacement of the roofs in the middle school and high school.
- Sand/Finish and repaint gyms in middle school and high school.
- Replace 1998 Chiller in the high school. Upgrade controls in all facilities.
- Construction of a new Sports Complex for a wrestling room, locker rooms for boys & girls soccer along with baseball & softball (also for away teams during contests), concession stand, athletic trainer room, baseball/softball batting cage area, golf simulator and a small gym.
- Stadium update with replacement of the turf, track resurface, replace bleachers, press box and concession stand.
- Tennis Court resurface.
- Baseball and Softball diamonds update - press box, dugouts and scoreboard replaced.
- Bleacher replacement in the high school gym.
- Technology updates – infrastructure, safety upgrades such as cameras and equipment, continuation and expansion of one-to-one devices for students.
- Carpet and Tile replacement in the high school and middle school.
- Van Replacement, truck replacement and bus replacements.
- Sealcoat and restripe all parking lots.